Restoring Broken Lives – An Overview of Growth Groups
In addition to rescue, providing a safe home and vocational training, there needs to be a well thought out strategy to help the girls rebuild their lives internally. Without a systematic, logical progression in the restoration process, they cannot reclaim what was destroyed by their trauma or find emotional healing.
What was destroyed by the trafficking?
- Their ability to trust, both people and God
- An accurate view of God, Himself
- An accurate view of themselves
- Hope is destroyed thus their view of the future is distorted
- Their sense of safety
- Their will and the power of choice is compromised
- The feeling of what it means to be alive and to be human
- The normal stages of emotional growth and development
- Their sense of stability is replaced with an often well hidden fear and inner confusion
- The desire to live
- Their view of what real love is
Suggested outline for weekly Growth Groups:
- Getting to Know the Father – 8 week study
- This Changes Everything: Learning How to Trust God – 12 week study
- Secrets: Finally Being Whole Again – 10 week study
- Shattered: Healing from the Inside Out – 10 week study
Training for those who help:
Contact@lydiadm.org for more suggestions.