Restoring Broken Lives
In addition to tangible helps and resources, there needs to be a well thought out strategy to help survivors rebuild their lives internally. Without a systematic, logical progression in the restoration process, they cannot reclaim what was destroyed by their trauma or find emotional healing.
What was destroyed by the trafficking?
- Their ability to trust, both people and God
- An accurate view of God, Himself
- An accurate view of themselves
- Hope is destroyed thus their view of the future is distorted
- Their sense of safety
- Their will and the power of choice is compromised
- The feeling of what it means to be alive and to be human
- The normal stages of emotional growth and development
- Their sense of stability is replaced with an often well hidden fear and inner confusion
- The desire to live
- Their view of what real love is
Please click HERE to learn more about these significant trafficking related topics: dissociation, satanic ritual abuse, appropriate discipleship
Suggested outline for discipleship:
- Getting to Know the Father – 8-week study
- This Changes Everything: Learning How to Trust God – 12-week study
- Katie’s Secret – 12 week study
It is recommended that the helpers go through LDM’s How to Be a Barnabas training. This will not only help a mentor understand some of the emotional issues they may encounter, more importantly, it will train them in what to do when these issues arise.
Resources to share with someone in recovery: