Lydia Discipleship Ministries Online Training
As a professional counselor, you will find our online courses are full of useful strategies as you work with those who are shattered. Supplementary material corresponding with each session is provided by email. Each video is one hour in length and presented by Dr. Pakkala.
- Foundations of DID Counseling
- Dealing with Resistance to the Good Shepherd
- Spiritual Warfare in DID Counseling
- Anticipating Possible Roadblocks in DID Ministry
- Comparison of Borderline Personality and Bi-Polar Disorder
- Programming or The Weird Stuff
- EMDR & DID Counseling
- The Role of Discipleship as an Adjunct to DID Counseling
Articles Related to DID
- Basic Definitions related to satanic ritual abuse
- Characteristics of a Person with DID
- Clues that a Person May Have DID
- Implications of Abuse
- Pieces to the Puzzle of Healing
- Safeguards for Those Who Help
- Special Issues of Suicide for DIDs
- The Seven Steps of Healing from DID
- Understanding the DID Mind
- Podcast: HELPING THOSE WITH DID
- Laura: Dr. Alaine’s biography. A powerful story of healing, hope and triumph in the life of someone from a DID/SRA background
- CD Set: Understanding Dissociation by Dan Rumberger
- MP3: Proactive Ministry – How Not to Shoot Yourself in the Foot
- MP3: What’s the Difference between Spiritual Warfare and DID Counseling?
Additional Resources for Your Clients
- You’re Not Going Crazy
This powerful face to face conversation by Dr. Alaine Pakkala for someone struggling through healing from DID is sure to encourage and strengthen.
- You Can Go Back to Innocence
Encouragement for people who have been sexually abused to see themselves not as “ruined goods” but that they can go back to the innocence.
- New Beginnings
Scriptures to help you understand the character of God read out loud with piano accompaniment.
- Abby’s Safe Place
This website can be used as an adjunct for your counseling. It is designed to deal with two major aspects of the lives of those with DID which are a pervasive sense of isolation and difficulty finding appropriate discipleship materials. It’s designed as an interactive Swiss Chalet and has been proven useful for clients at times when the counselor is unavailable.
- Consult with Dr. Pakkala – phone or zoom consultation available (for counselors and lay counselors) on a limited basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other Recommended Books
Restoring the Shattered Self
By Heather Davediuk Gingrich